Glen Road Medical Centre we provide a wide range of services by appointment only
Practice Nurse Clinic
- Monday: 14:00 to 15:00 hours Antenatal booking clinic : every effort is made to book patients as soon as the pregnancy is confirmed so that all pregnant women receive the necessary scan and blood tests on time.
- In addition to the general advice they are offered a Flu jab and Pertussis vaccine It is strongly advised for parents to have their children immunised. Nurses are in attendance throughout the clinic. For parents/guardians who find it difficult to attend the clinic, please speak to a nurse for advice. Please remember to bring your child health record book with you(the red book).
- Asthma Check: appointments to see the nurse for asthma review can be booked everyday
- COPD: clinic run on every Wednesday afternoon
- Contraception Services include : advise and provision of variety of family planning services which include, Emergency Contraception, Oral Contraceptive Pill, Depot Injection and IUD services.
- Diabetes: Wednesday afternoon
- Emergency Contraception
- Heart Disease
- Lifestyle Review
- Sexual Health
- Stitch Removal
- Travel Vaccinations
Nurse Practitioner Clinics
- Minor illnesses
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- Urine infections
- Abdominal Pain
- Joint Pain
- Eye infections
- Ear infections
- Medication Reviews
Blood Test: Phlebotomy service provided at the practice between 9.00 to 10.00 am for all patients registered with the practice
New Patient Health Check
Vitamin B12 Injections
Smoking Cessation Clinic
If you wish to quit smoking and need help, please call the surgery to get the telephone number for designated pharmacist in the area.
Counsellor sessions all Monday for all patients in the area and to book an appointment please see attached leaflet. You can even ask your GP for a referral
Diabetes Clinic And Insulin Initiation Clinic With The Support Of The Practice Nurse
In addition to providing diabetic education, life style advice, oral hypoglycaemics, we also start patients on Newer injectables- GLP 1 analogues and Insulin. This improve the patient care and experience as they do not need to wait to be seen at the Secondary care to improve their blood sugar control
Minor Surgery Clinic
Excision of small lumps and bumps, Intra articular injections and cryotherapy service provided by Dr Rao every Tuesday between 12noon and 1.00pm
Any patient aged 16-75 may have screening and health checks, which include blood pressure, weight, and height measurement and also other health related advice. Well person checks are done every 3 years. Please book an appointment to see the Practice Nurse.